SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 and topic wise exam pattern for prelims and mains: In order to qualify to the final round of the SBI clerk recruitment process for the post of clerical junior assistant, candidates need to clear two rounds of online examinations.
The first round (preliminary examination) is held in the last week of May. The second round (main examination) is held in the second week of July. This article will guide you through the exam pattern and syllabus for SBI clerk 2018 in detail.
Aspirants should prepare well as per the SBI clerk syllabus 2018 in order to get selected based on the cut off marks.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 for Prelims Exam
|Sr. No.||Name of Section||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Duration|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||1 Hour|
This exam is conducted in the last week of May 2018. It is a one hour long exam containing 100 questions. Total marks of this exam is 100. The exam is divided into three categories
- English language – this section has 30 questions and carries total of 30 marks
- Numerical ability – this section has 35 questions and carries total of 35 marks
- Reasoning ability – this section has 35 questions and carries total of 35 marks
The SBI result of the preliminary exam is traditionally declared in the month of June 2018.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 for Mains Exam
|SL||Name of test||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|1||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
This exam has duration of 2 hours and 40 minutes. It contains 190 questions, and carries total of 200 marks. It is divided into the following sections:
- General/financial awareness – this section contains 50 questions and carries total of 50 marks. It has a duration of 35 minutes.
- General English – this section contains 40 questions and carries total of 40 marks. It has a duration of 35 minutes.
- Quantitative aptitude – this section contains 50 questions and carries total of 50 marks. It has a duration of 45 minutes.
- Reasoning ability and computer aptitude – this section contains 50 questions and carries total of 60 marks. It has a duration of 45 minutes.
The result of this exam is declared in the third week of August.
To know the exact dates, refer to the official website of SBI to access their official notices.
SBI Clerk Exam pattern: General rules
- Candidates need to qualify the exams by securing passing marks in each of the sections separately.
- The number of candidates shortlisted in each section (ideally, 20 times the vacancy available) shall qualify for the next round of recruitment process.
- For the main exam, each section has its assigned duration.
- The questions (except for General English) will be bilingual (English and Hindi).
- For the main exam, there will be negative marking for objective type sections. 1/4th mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Topic Wise SBI Clerk syllabus 2018
In both the SBI Clerk online tests, the candidates are tested in the following fields. Candidates must prepare for the exams based on the syllabus given below.
SBI Clerk Numerical ability Syllabus
- Profit and loss
- Ratio and proportion
- Elementary number theory
- C.F and L.C.M
- Euclidean algorithm
- Number system
- Unitary method compound interest
- Mensuration and statistics
SBI Clerk Reasoning Syllabus
- Analogies (meaning based and logical)
- Data sufficiency
- Sequential output tracing
- Visual reasoning
- Directions and arrangements (circular arrangements)
- Codes (sentence coding)
- Critical reasoning
SBI Clerk English language Syllabus
- Brief writing
- Sentence structure
- Series completion
SBI Clerk General awareness Syllabus
- Knowledge of current affairs
- Indian constitution
- Technology and research
SBI Clerk Basic computer knowledge Syllabus
- Computer hardware
- Shortcut keys
- Software knowledge